Culture, Leisure & Heritage highlights in Sudbury
Enjoy Sudbury's outstanding green spaces
From riverside walks along the Stour, gentle ambles across Sudbury's common lands and water meadows, picnics in our parks and open spaces to fascinating strolls along lost railway lines there is something for ramblers to curious culture buffs alike...
Sudbury is surrounded by breathtaking landscape accented by the River Stour and Sudbury's water meadows and commanlands. With excellent transport links Sudbury is the perfect gateway to the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) that continues to inspire some of the world's greatest creatives, most famously our very own Thomas Gainsborough.
Public green spaces and walks in and about Sudbury
- The Croft, Millacre and boating lake
- Sudbury Common Lands
- Belle Vue Park
- Gainsborough Trail: Meadow Walk download map
- Sudbury Water Meadows see walking route
- Melford Hall to Sudbury Three Mills walk see route map
- Bures Station to Sudbury Station ramble see walk
- Friars Meadow
- Sudbury Cemetery
- Stour Valley Path