Well Sudbury, we made it through January in one piece, the month with what felt like 106 days... We've much to look forward to with spring on the horizon, but first, love it or loathe it, Valentine's Day is fast approaching so lets show our love for Sudbury.
Never has it been so important to shop, socialise and scoff locally. Until long overdue business rate reform is addressed which currently favours online retailers and leaves bricks and mortar businesses fighting for survival, there are a number of things we can all do to support our local businesses. They include; trying out that pub you always walk past, treating yourself to breakfast at one of our many independent cafes, writing a (nice!) review on TripAdvisor...
Valentine's Day presents us with the perfect opportunity to show our love for Sudbury, and maybe try out a Sudbury restaurant, cafe or pub for the first time . Many of our fine eateries have designed some mouth watering menus to lure you through their doors for the occasion.
Images: Painter's Cafe, Munro's: The Fish Dish and ALAZ Restaurant.
From afternoon tea with your best friend, steak night with your significant other, to cocktail night with the girls, you're spoilt for choice in Sudbury this February 14th. Take a look below at some of the many Valentine offerings at Sudbury's cosy pubs, cafes and resturants below:
- Treat your nearest and dearest to a High Tea at Painters Café for Valentine's with a free glass of Prosecco. Call to book: 07380 988224
- Don't delay on booking your table at ALAZ Restaurant for their mouth watering special Valentine's Set Menu - Turkish Cuisine at it's best in a beautiful setting and with the friendliest staff, and on this day of love a free glass of Prosecco on arrival. Menu here and book your table here: 01787 370001
- For a more relaxed Valentine's breakfast or lunch Huffers Cafe are spreading the love this February 14th with a free dessert or drink for everyone who books. Call on 01787881919 to book, email: email@example.com or text on 07493630898
- Make a night of it at The Gainsborough and with their Valentines Specials Menu & receive a free glass of wine or prosecco! It's also 2 Cocktails for £8.50 all night every Friday from 6pm... Take a look at the menu here and booking: 01787 372419
- With an incredible set menu available 14 - 16 Feb, the lovely team at The Black Boy invite you to join them at their cosy abode for great atmosphere, food and drink (the company is in your hands!). Take a look at the menu here. Call to book: 01787 379046
- For a special night in an award winning restaurant, treat your loved one to Valentine's dinner at The Secret Garden, with a specially designed menu that will get your heart racing. See the menu and book here.
- We love our Turkish Cuisine here in Sudbury! Why not give Lydia Turkish Kitchen a try on Valentine’s Day with their 3 course email & with a complimentary glass of fizz! Call 01787 466781 to book!
- Taking place just before Valentine's Day on 12th Feb, is the return of Ree's Cafe extra special specials night! This is one for the meat lovers as it's Valentine's Steak Night. Take a look here for more details and give them a call to Book: 07976 441733
- Seafood fanatic? Has Sudbury got the restaurant for you! Locals will know Munro's from our twice weekly market but they also run an incredible fish restaurant: The Fish Dish. Open on Valentine's night with a luxurious seafood set menu this is not one to miss, and you know what they say about oysters... See the menu and book your table here.
- In the beautiful surrounds of The Mill Hotel, enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and Valentine's Menu they have to offer on 14th and 15th Feb. Take a look at the menu and book here.
- If your first love is the 80's then look no further than The Prince of Wales where you can refine that side step and rock out toThat Eighties Band - So whip out the hairspray and book your tickets here.
... and don't forget if you're just looking for a cracking night of craft beer or tempting cocktails without Senior Valentino in the picture there are plenty of places in Sudbury to have an anti-Valentine's night.... See you in Sudbury!
Personally I'm taking the old ball n chain to ALAZ this year, and I imagine a night cap or 2 on the way home.... See you in Sudbury! If you're a local business hosting a Valentine's event (or any other event) and want a free shout out please get in touch!