Sudbury Town Council's annual grants are made for the benefit of people local to Sudbury.
Applications are considered for financial assistance towards a specific project or activities from community associations, cultural, educational, sporting and charitable community organisations, which are non-commercial and whose field of activity or purpose is for the benefit of people in the area covered by Sudbury Town Council. The Town Council defines a voluntary group as a non-profit making organisation, set up and run by a voluntary, unpaid management committee.
Timeline for Grant Aid Applications for the 2022 / 2023 financial year:
Sudbury Town Council are now inviting applications for grand aid, there are two application deadlines in 2022 outlined below:
2022 Application Deadlines:
31st March 2022 is the closing date for applications for distribution in June
31st August 2022 is the closing date for applications for distribution in October
Main Application Criteria:
- Grants are only considered from non-profit making organisations, charities or clubs that benefit the residents of Sudbury.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding and be able to show evidence of this. Sudbury Town Council will endeavour to guide local organisations to access other grants.
- Capital grant aid money will only be released against proof of expenditure for the project approved. The town council will however confirm its financial support prior to expenditure. Evidence of completion of the project may be required.
The following are not eligible to apply for grant aid:
- Individuals not acting on behalf of an organisation, club, charity, CIC etc.
- Profit making organisations / businesses
- Churches, places of worship or projects relating to ecclesiastical activity (S.6 1a of the Local Government Act prohibits councils to distribute funds in aid of religious of organisations)
- Organisations whose project / activity does not take place in Sudbury for the benefit of local residents.
A total of £50,000 (£25,000 in each round) has been made available for grant aid in the 2022/2023 financial year.
Before making your application, please carefully read the guidelines below outlining eligibility criteria and types of grant:
Completed applications should be posted for the attention of:
The Town Clerk (Grant Aid Application), Sudbury Town Council, Town Hall, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 1TL
Or emailed for the attention of The Town Clerk: Ciaran.Griffin@sudburytowncouncil.co.uk
Please call if you have any queries on: 01787 372331.
Previous recipients of Community Grants can be found on our Financial Information page here.