Grant Aid to Local Organisations 2021/22
Sudbury Town Council's annual grants are made for the benefit of people local to Sudbury.
Every year applications are considered for financial assistance towards a specific project or activities from community associations, cultural, educational, sporting and charitable community organisations, which are non-commercial and whose field of activity or purpose is for the benefit of people in the area covered by Sudbury Town Council. Please get in touch if you have queries regarding eligibility (contact details below).
Applications for Grant Aid in 2021/22:
The Town Council defines a voluntary group as a non-profit making organisation, set up and run by a voluntary, unpaid management committee.
Main Application Criteria:
- Grants are only considered from non-profit making organisations, charities or clubs that benefit the residents of Sudbury.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding and be able to show evidence of this. Sudbury Town Council will endeavour to guide local organisations to access other grants.
- Capital grant aid money will only be released against proof of expenditure for the project approved. The town council will however confirm its financial support prior to expenditure. Evidence of completion of the project may be required.
The following are not eligible to apply for grant aid:
- Individuals not acting on behalf of an organisation, club, charity, CIC etc.
- Profit making organisations / businesses
- Churches, places of worship or projects relating to ecclesiastical activity (S.6 1a of the Local Government Act prohibits councils to distribute funds in aid of religious of organisations)
- Organisations whose project / activity does not take place in Sudbury for the benefit of local residents.
Before making your application, please carefully read the guidelines below outlining eligibility criteria, timeline and types of grant:
Completed applications should be posted for the attention of:
The Town Clerk (Grant Aid Application), Sudbury Town Council, Town Hall, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 1TL
Or emailed for the attention of the Responsible Finance Officer, Sudbury Town Council to: email@example.com
or contact us on 01787 372331.
Previous Grant Aid Recipients
Ballingdon Village Fete, Friends of St. Peters, Gainsborough's House, GoStart, Kernos Centre, Quay Theatre, River Stour Trust (Sudbury to The Sea), Rotary Club Sudbury, Sudbury Canoe Club, Sudbury Carnival, Sudbury Fun Run, Sudbury in Bloom, Sudbury Memory Walk, Sudbury Rowing Club, Sudbury Town Twinning Association, The Mayor's Benevolent Fund, Citizen's Advice.
Ballingdon Village Fete, The Mayor's Benevolent Fund, Christopher Centre, Citizen’s Advice, Phoenix Suffolk Community Marchers, Gainsborough’s House, Kernos Centre, Number 72 (The Family and Community Network),Quay Theatre, River Stour Trust, Sudbury Ephemera Archive, Sudbury in Bloom, Sudbury Rotary Club, Sudbury Town Twinning Association, The Taste of Sudbury CIC.