Leisure & Environment
The Leisure and Environment Committee meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 6.30 p.m. The Committee does not meet in August or December, unless there is urgent business to discuss.
The Committee has delegated powers for spending, as long as it is within its approved budget.
Membership (Eight Members)
Membership - Councillors:
Mrs S M Ayres
Miss J M Connah
Mrs N L A Ford-Platt
P C Gray
A F D W Osborne
R A Platt
I C Pointon
R P Smith
The Mayor (ex-officio)
- Best Value.
- The maintenance, management and control of the:- Market, Town Hall, Public Clocks, Bus Shelters,
Allotments, The War Memorial, The Croft, Mill Acre, The Cemetery and Closed Churchyards.
- Public Conveniences.
- Archives, Regalia and Pictures.
- Christmas Lighting.
- All areas of public open space in the town.
- Publicity, entertainment and information.
- Sporting and social activities.
- Proposing budgets.
There is a separate Task Group that reports to this Committee making recommendations for Christmas Lights and Fairs. The Leisure and Environment Committee then reports to the full council.