Highways & Footpaths
The Highways and Footpaths Committee meets on the last Tuesday of every month commening at 7.30 p.m. The Committee does not meet in August or December, unless there is urgent business to discuss.
The Committee has delegated powers for spending, as long as it is within their approved budget.
Membership (Eight Members)
Membership - Councillors:
Mrs S M Ayres
N A Bennett
Miss J Connah
Mrs N L A Ford-Platt
P C Gray
J M Owen
R A Platt
R P Smith
The Mayor (ex-officio)
- Best Value
- The maintenance, management and control of Public Lighting, Litter Bins, Dog Bins and Public Seats.
- Repair, maintenance and improvement of all the Highways in the Town.
- Repair, maintenance and improvements of all the Footpaths and Bridle paths in the Town.
- The "Pride of Sudbury" Competition.
- Car Parking in the Town.
- Improvements to the Meadows.
- Waiting restrictions and traffic orders.
- Renaming and renumbering of Streets.
- Street Cleansing.
- Collection and disposal of refuse.
- Proposing budgets.