The Finance Committee meet on the first Tuesday evening of each month, commencing at 6.30 p.m.
The Finance Committee has detailed delegated powers. However if it wished to alter a set budget line, it would require the approval of the full council.
Membership (Eight Members)
Membership - Councillors:
N A Bennett
O S Forder
Mrs J F Osborne
R A Platt
I C Pointon
J R A Sayers
R M Spivey
R P Smith
The Mayor (ex-officio)
- To administer Best Value throughout the Council's finances.
- To distribute Grant Aid up to the amount agreed in the estimates for the particular financial year.
- To monitor Income and Expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure that such expenditure is within the terms of the estimates.
- To authorise all payments, (BACS payments and cheques).
- To monitor the awarding of all Contracts.
- To provide guidance and assistance to the Town Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer (RFO) in the preparation of the annual Estimates/Budgets.
- To appoint an internal auditor in accordance with Government legislation.